Turkish Spindle Spinning

Received this absolutely beautiful Turkish Spindle in the mail yesterday from Istanbul Turkey for pickup at the postal office today. Took nearly a month to arrive here in the States. What a beauty? The spindle is very rustic in nature. Can't wait to see how she spins. Love the old tools. They are still useful today and such character hides within them. I don't ever see myself using a 3D spindle... My spindle collection continues to grow. Slowly, over a period of time I have found Master wood-turners that have supplied me with beautiful tools for my craft. I can only continue to thank them. Now to search the fiber stash for raw fleece and test her out. Never thought I would develop such a love for the Turkish spindle...and I have. The spindle was purchased from one of my favorite Etsy shops, BazaarBayar. It is well worth the wait. I have so many other spindles. Must get around to using this very interesting looking spindle soon. 
Turkish Spindle from Bazaar Bayar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkish Spindle Spinning

Turkish Spindle Spinning