Teeswater Fleece And Glasspins Spindle

Quite some time ago I purchased a Glasspins spindle from an Etsy shop called Mingoasho. Drop spindles and my Kromski spinning wheel were at the time my only source for spinning tools. The Glasspins spindle sat for many months displayed in a ceramic vase; untouched and only looked at. Finally, I decided to take her for a spin, and was greatly surprised at how such beautiful craftsmanship could create such a fine lace thread. Immediately, I was addicted. I'd spin a little; put the spindle down, and shortly thereafter be back to spinning a fine delicate thread straight from a Teeswater fleece I had purchased back in 2011...I think. I was able to fit two ounces of fiber on the spindle before it became to heavy to add on fiber. Most impressive was the fact that I could spin a very uniform thread. So, now I've added a love for support spindle spinning to my list of things I can do. The sample pictured below is the yarn created from my Glasspins spindle which was then turned into a 2-ply yarn on my Kromski spinning wheel. Next is to decide what object to knit this amazing fiber into. Now I've got a bit of swatching to do. Salaam.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkish Spindle Spinning

Turkish Spindle Spinning